Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

One Layer Flowers...

I love card challenges that are clean and simple. Too often challenges involve many layers etc and I find myself trying to outdo ANY previous card I've seen....and then it looks all too busy in the end! HA!
This Dare To Get Dirty Challenge was to make a one layer card with flowers. I embossed the roses from Fifth Avenue Floral with black embossing powder, then used my aquapainter with SU Rose Red and Melon Mambo ink to watercolor. Sentiment is from retired Warm Words. I dislike that SU retired this amazing stamp set. That rose is so gorgeous AND matches one of our current embossing folders! GAH!

Stamps: SU Fifth Avenue Flower, Warm Words; Ink: SU Rose Red and Melon Mambo reinkers; Paper: SU Glossy White; Accessories: SU Black embossing powder, Heat Tool, Aquapainter
 I love the effect of watercoloring on glossy paper...but man, is it hard to take a decent picture! My little orange light on the camera causes a little bit of orange to appear at the top of the card, and of course you can see the flash. The orange was more pronounced without a flash...so I endeded up taking several pictures before I finally settled on the one above. But I do like that the embossing came out pretty well.

Thanks for stopping by!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...