Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Balloons! And BLOG CANDY!!!!!

I made a card for the Mini Virtual Stamp Night over on Splitcoaststampers last weekend and LOVED the challenge that said USE BRIGHT COLORS...absolutely NO problem for me whatsoever. I recently went through my box of ready-made cards and realized 90% of them are BRIGHT.  Which fits my personality quite well since I'm kinda loud. hehe.  I did throw in a little Pool Party (the teeny clouds) to tone it down a bit. Yeah....right.

I freaking LOVE THIS STAMP SET (Up Up and Away). I totally SQUEEEE'd out loud when I saw it in our new Catalog! I've seen hot air balloons for real once in my life....Abilene had a hot air balloon festival when we happened to be up there visiting my Brother in Law and his family.  It's so amazing to see them in action.  And the crazy people who are willing to stand in that teeny, tiny basket and fly HIGH in the sky!!! I'll watch safely from the ground thankyouverymuch!!!

Here's some pictures from the real thing....


Look at the TEENY TINY basket! GAH!!!


 And my card... 
All by Stampin' Up!--Stamps: Up Up and Away, Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Tempting Turqoise, Melon Mambo
Ink: Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party
Accessories: Scallop punch, circle punches, Corner Rounder punch, Stampin' Dimensionals
I used markers to color some of the balloons, and popped up some of them with dimensionals.

So...for the BLOG CANDY!!! I recently discovered I have ordered 2 different background stamps TWICE since our new catalog came out! That is how disorganized I am! (I also have flibbertigibbet tendencies...I know this. I also need an Organization Intervention in my Stamp Studio!!! GAH!!!) That also tells you how much I LOVE these particular stamps because I wanted to make sure I had them! BWAHAHAHAHA!!
So I'm going to have back-to-back blog posts with blog candy! CAN YOU STAND IT!!!
SO--to get your name in the hat for this week's stamp--the Stampin' Up! DISTRESSED DOTS background stamp--please leave a comment.  You have until midnight CST, August 13th, 2011. I'll announce the winner on 8/14/2011! Good luck!


Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Donna B. said...

Very cute card Dana! Love those balloons and the colors you used!! Super cute design!

Wayne said...

I don't need any stamps, but I did enjoy seeing the pictures. Didn't realize that was the only time you'd seen hot air balloons. It's an annual thing, y'all need to come up for it again some time.

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

I LOVE HOT AIR BALLOON RACES! YES, I AM YELLING! I've been to several, and they are fabulous! I love it when all the trucks drive onto the field and they start filling them up. Then as soon as they're ready, they take off and wave to the crowd, then the trucks drive off as chase vehicles. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

This balloon set is on my short list. Do you need to cut them out? :/

Distressed dots? Do I already have that set? *checking* You can pick a non-Demo instead of me. :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that card!!! I think the colors are awesome!! I love it! I think hot air balloons are cool but I've never seen one in person. I think people who go up in them are a little nuts though!

Oh, btw... this is the coolest hot air balloon EVAH!!! http://technabob.com/blog/2011/07/17/darth-vader-hot-air-balloon/

Heather said...

I LOVE your card!!! I love that set too, but it didn't make the cut this time :) When I lived in Phoenix we had a hot air balloon nearly land in our backyard! It was crazy!

Megan said...

Dana I just love your balloons Greg and I have been going to NM every October for their balloon Fiesta it is blast to see all the many different balloons going up in waves. It is just amazing. Love the card!!!

Unknown said...

ohhh I wanna play! Seriously, though, I saw this stamp set and I, too, SQUEEEEE'd! This catalog is going to break my bank account, I'm afraid. HA!

nive said...

You are so good at this Dana...Love love the card and details ! -- nive

Unknown said...

I love love love your card!!!! Nothing wrong with bright & colorful in my books!

Mel Hopes said...

super cute card!
I love this set too but have not used mine yet (dang).

Love the distressed dots background too and I don't have that one yet!!!

I hope that I win. But then I already have because I have you as a freind.

Love you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...