Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The best part of Salt Lake City.....

I'm such a flibbertigibbet! I forgot my follow-up post from Stampin' Up Convention! (I KNOW you're all waiting to see the cabinets....the doors and hardware are going on TODAY and I'll be posting pictures of that crazy enormous project tonight....but I HAD to share some fun pictures from SLC!!!)

Truly, the best part of that insanely fun convention week of running around is spending time with friends you don't normally get to see! 
Lydia, Cheryl and I got to walk the stage for recruiting this year in Stampin' Up!

The last day in Salt Lake, my friend Melanie, picked me up from my hotel, took me to dinner at Cafe Rio (omg NOM NOM NOM WE SERIOUSLY NEED ONE IN SAN ANTONIO!!!!) and then we drove up to Snowbird Ski Resort!! GORGEOUS!!! My camera absolutely doesn't do it justice (and I let my husband know this so he knows what to get me for upcoming b'day or Christmas!)


Now... the drive UP to the resort made me a little nervous....they don't have guardrails on all the turns up the mountain (!!!!!!!!!!! WTH !!!!!!!!!!!) but since I didn't see a lot of fiery car wreckage in the ravines or tire tracks going off the side of the roads as we were driving up I felt a little better. Sheesh.
The scenery was so beautiful driving up (and back) I kept trying to take pictures out of the moving vehicle. Right. Those pics didn't turn out so well. Hahahahhahahaha.


But these did:




Here's a close up of those mountains you see back there.....






OMG


The resort was PACKED with people....understandably since it was so beautiful and the air was DIVINE. There was still some snow you could see....




I basically walked around with my mouth gaping open saying stupid things like "OMG the chair lifts are so HIGH OFF THE GROUND!! I would NEVER ride that!" To which Melanie said "Well, when there's snow on the ground, it's not so high then." Bwahahahaha!!!


I looked up at the side of the mountain and then at the rushing river of melted snow (hint Dana....THINK.....but no.....instead I said) "Wow, so you ski down the mountain, and how do you avoid skiing into the river?" As soon as those words were out of my mouth I started to BWAHAHAHA because they were all telling me "well the river is FROZEN silly and covered with snow" BWAHAHAHAHA truly a dumb blonde moment.  I still giggle thinking about that! DUH!


My sweet friend Melanie!
Thank you again Melanie! XOXOXOX





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...