Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

I love a challenge!

One of my favorite websites is Splitcoaststampers (SCS)...they have tutorials, galleries of gorgeous cards, forums to talk about anything stamping...and well, anything at all really. I could spend HOURS there.  Another fun fact is their Community Manager is my dear friend Lydia.
This past Friday was a Mini Virtual Stamp Night (VSN) on Splitcoaststampers! There is a new challenge every hour and you usually have a time limit in which to work.  I have a love/hate relationship with parameters like that...but honestly I get more done when I'm trying to rush through it in 45 minutes. SO FUN!!! So I played this weekend, but only really liked 2 of my finished products and wanted to share them with you.
This first card required quite a bit... it was a sketch challenge (meaning we follow the original design/sketch of the card), needed to have a punched flower, the only stamped item could be the sentiment and we had to use the following colors: Red, Pink, Green (I used Stampin' Up's Cherry Cobbler, Pink Pirouette and Kiwi Kiss).
My flower is made from using a Sizzix Bigz die-- Beauty Bloom (made from a retired SU Designer Series Paper that has GLITTER on it! SQUEEE!) and anchored with a very vanilla brad. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up! In A Word set. That awesome wavy punch is an EK Success border punch. Me likey!

This card was for the Entwined Hearts Challenge...at least 2 images had to "entwine" and they should be hearts if we had them. Here I used Stampin' Up! sets SweatHeart and I{Heart} Hearts in the following SU colors: So Saffron, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Pumpkin Pie and Real Red.

I've been out of the Stampin' Up realm for a few months...took a little time "off" to work on other things, but plan to pick that part of my business back up in February--along with Stamp Club (SQUEEEEE) and classes again! YAY!!! Very excited!

Hope you're surviving the Cedar Pollen storm we're experiencing here.  I'm STILL not 100% Pfffth. Allergies.

Thanks for stopping my and seeing my stampy goodness! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...