Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

A personal challenge

I have spent the last several weeknights going to bed at an INSANELY early hour--before 9 pm. I don't even know what happened to last week. Not sure if it was allergies, my body fighting a virus or what...but my body revolted and decided I needed REST.  I hate that. When I'm so busy/tired I can't even enjoy my evenings. I didn't even STAMP. Quelle Horreur!! I am SO. READY. for Spring Break! 5 more days...

For a few weeks now I've been following the umpteen million Stamper Challenges out in the bloggersphere thinking I would combine a few challenges and submit them....but it's overwhelming how many I enjoy and would like to do....so I don't do any of them! HAHAHAAAA!! (It didn't help I also slept during such time as I would stamp! GAH!) I have decided I would do my own personal challenge this week--to use a stamp set that is on my shelf I haven't used yet AND an accessory that I haven't played with. Maybe I'll make this a regular thing....
I discovered today I have a plethora of buttons....but I mention this and didn't even use buttons on my card!! Yeah, so I have a LOT of accessories. Tons. Loads.  I used some ribbon I've been hoarding. Hadn't even opened it since they're my FAVORITE colors EVAH--Stampin' Up's Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango. These colors, combined with Baja Breeze, make me seriously happy.

(One of the hospitals I worked at in Labor and Delivery had surgical scrubs that were Baja Breeze with a Tangerine Tango drawstring tie--I loved those scrubs. You couldn't really see the pretty tangerine tie...but I knew it was there! When Stampin' Up came out with Tangerine Tango and Baja Breeze colors (In Colors) I SQUEEEEE'd so loudly!!! Ahhh...I digress...)

I also realized after I made this card that my last blogged card included the same colors! (Have I mentioned how tired I was this week?)

I used Build A Blossom stamp set with the Blossom Petals XL Punch ...this Peach Parfait and Tangerine Tango flower makes me so happy! The sentiment is from Perfect Punches stamp set and colored with a Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango Marker. The Baja Breeze layer is stamped with the palms from Tropical Party Stamp Set (which is now only available as a My Digital Studio Download) but I have the stamp set which was not used prior to today.  The ribbon I finally opened and used for this card is the Pacific Point striped grosgrain and Tangerine Tango polka dot ribbon which is no longer available (GAH!).

Next week for Spring Break my brother, Skip, is flying out from San Diego to spend the week with us---SO. EXCITED!!! My girls are almost as excited as I am. He is one of the funniest people I know so I'll be getting an excellent abdominal workout all week! Can't wait!

Thanks for stopping by! What will you be doing for Spring Break?  Leave a comment and share what your favorite colors are to work with...
Have a great day!
XOXO

1 comment:

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Congratulations on using so many virgin supplies! YAYAYAYAAYAYAYA!

WV: forru
I am sooo happy forru!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...